It’s my birthday tomorrow. I’ll be 43. I think that number sounds nice. Now that I’m solidly settled into my 40s, I’m comfortable in this section of the uphill portion of the old geezer mountain. I find myself in a place of enjoying my blessings.
So my blessings right now:
- My word for the year is Tenacity — (which on a total side note…the visual for that word that keeps coming to my mind is a cat…I am not a cat…I’m nothing like a cat…cat’s actually scare me…I need a new visual something fierce!) — which means my confidence level is moving up the chain just fine. That’s a good thing for me. No faking it…just feeling good about Jen. The mom thing is still a little bit of a struggle, but that’s par for course. That’s life! If you’re not praying through something with your kiddos, someone is living a lie. Period. Gremlin has hit his growth spurt which is amazing to watch. This stage is fantastic! Every morning they walk out of their room, they’re taller. Oldman started going through this at his age and we just jumped clothes sizes, ya know? The only difference is Gremlin has horrible growing pains with this spurt. Thanks to Gma for letting us in on the mustard secret. Live.Saver.
- The part of this mom blessing that gets me really down is Gremlin’s food allergies. People who blog/post about 15 minutes meals? …I wanna punch them in the throat. There is NO such thing when you have to go all Little House on the Prairie for every meal. But…that’s just one of the those things that sucketh.
- The idea that I have a kid who will be getting his permit in less than a month makes me want to puke. Really. I’ve seen what this guys does with bikes, skateboards, ripsticks…you name it! And now he’s supposed to get behind the wheel of MY car?? Dude…it hurts.
- J and I have been married for 16 years and I feel like I just had cold feet yesterday. He still asks me to marry him and have his babies. I still say no and then make out with him. It’s great fun…and the guys gag.
- I’m excited for #43 because I’m finally feeling great. I’ve been using some of the products of Plexus and dang if it doesn’t really work. I HATE pills. The idea of taking pills make me grouchy, but when you wake up feeling incredible and not having back pain for the first time in 20 years? I can manage the swallowing of pills. *Big girl panties up and in place*
- Oh how I love my Hulkman. He makes me smile constantly, but my heart breaks when I see Hulkman have episodes of getting older. He doesn’t remember some people…he looks confused sometimes and that look in his eyes is hard to see. Man, I love him! I just can’t imagine life without my “twin”. The Lord is really going to have to work on my heart before He takes Hulkman away from me.
- My folks are doing really well *knock on wood*…Mum has been cancer free for 6 years and is still as strong as ever. Dad is still more tech-savvy than me and loves to rub it in. Nothing new there! Punk.
- Friends: that word has had different meanings to me through my 43 years. I was blessed as a child/teenager to be surrounded by true friends. Despite the many moves, I didn’t have too much problems making friends. As an adult I’ve had to learn how to be a friend and how to let others in. Now I love them. People are incredible beings! Somewhere I lost my compassion for human nature…our uniqueness…our vulnerable souls. I would have to say the most that I got out of 2014 were the friendships. We are beings that need that connection. We need to laugh with others…cry even…just BE. (Shout out to my SS class for showing me that again. You weird, weird people!)
So I’m 43!!! I can’t wait to go back over my posts this next year and see where else I have grown and what other blessings I might discover. And if you’re going through this adventure with me…thank you. Thank you for sharing your life with me. I’m humbled and blessed.